Sunday, November 27, 2011

November 27, 2011

Leaving the casita with a few holiday
decorations for friends who will be here
during December.
Last night we went to see J. Edgar, the biopic directed by Clint Eastwood. Mr. B really liked it, but I wish Leonardo Dicaprio hadn't portrayed Hoover. Mr. B thought he did a great job, but a few times I saw Dicaprio instead of Hoover. The movie covered the time from when Hoover first joined the Bureau of Investigation until his death, including his structuring of the Federal agency and his relationships with his mother and Tolson. The movie left me wanting to know more, so I came home and looked up Hoover. An interesting, yet tormented man.

We decided to take it easy today. It was another beautiful day in Santa Fe, and we were tempted to go to the downtown Plaza and walk/shop, but instead stayed in and relaxed. We watched a couple of movies and, of course, napped. Tonight we will clean the casita and pack before heading back to Houston early tomorrow morning. I've put out a few Santas and Christmas decorations because friends will be staying in the casita during December. Of course in Santa Fe, my  decorations are turquoise and lime green. Very appropriate!

Today I'm creating a clean casita with a few holiday decorations. The 10 days we were here went by so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment