Saturday, November 5, 2011

November 5, 2011

Even though my display was good (thanks to Nick),
there were too many people just "dry shopping" at
the fall festival today instead of buying. 
It's was so early! Mr. B woke me up at 6:15 a.m. to start loading the yard for the garage sale. Before daylight people were already circling the house, although the ad we put in the newspaper said, in all caps and bold, NO EARLY BIRDS! People – get a life. Unfortunately the crowd was very light today. Usually by 8 a.m. on the morning of a yard sale, people are yelling to know the price of something while five other people are wanting to know if we'll take $.25 for something instead of $.50. And as always, somebody walked off with something. I repeat, people – get a life.

Around 8:45 a.m., I left the yard sale in the capable hands of Mr. B and others when I went off to set up for the fall festival. Number one son-in-law Nick went with me to help me display everything. The festival was another poorly attended event. What people were there were mainly looking instead of buying. Very frustrating. I almost skipped the fall festival today, and now I wish I had. Really not worth the effort. I did skip the soup cook-off that was overlapping with the fall festival. Although I was the organizer, making soup fell off my list yesterday, especially when I determined that eight other people were planning to participate. Good turn out for the soup cook-off. I've already been asked what's cooking for next month.

Today I'm creating time for a nap. My knees are killing me from standing up for four hours. One thing that was fun today were the number of people who told me that they read my blog every day. One friend said his wife reads the blog and commented that I was a good writer. Well, since that has been my day job for more years than I care to count, I hope I'm a good writer. But I still like the compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment