Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 10, 2011

Made a new friend last night during
The Nutcracker Market: Houston radio
host Sam Malone.
I had a super fun time last night at the Nutcracker Market! It was obvious, though, that the economy was playing a part in the event. There didn't seem to be as many vendors or shoppers – or bars. But everything was festive and I got in the mood for the holidays. I found the wrapping paper I wanted and a few other items. And I only spent about $75. I was a happy shopper!

Of course, I didn't get home until after 11 p.m. Mr. B and "the girls" were asleep. I could have stolen everything out of the house and they would have slept through it all. When I went to bed, Mr. B wanted to chat. Really? He's planning what he needs to wear tonight and Friday night. Then we got into this discussion about what "black tie" means for women. I recently read that when an invitation says "black tie" women should wear a ball gown. Mr. B was adamant that what I read was incorrect. Well, whether it's right or wrong, I won't be wearing a long gown on Friday night when he is wearing a tux.

Today I'm creating a day of at-home beauty. A facial scrub and manicure are a must, as is some fluffy hair for the Avenue CDC Art on the Avenue event tonight. Mr. B and I certainly don't need to buy any artwork, but we've purchased VIP tickets and donated Pettita Casita as a live auction item. I chaired the event twice and still enjoy supporting this community development corporation that provides affordable housing and other services to low-income families.

No comments:

Post a Comment