Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3, 2011

Rose (on the bed) watching over Roz (on the ottoman).
Men: You might not want to read this first paragraph for fear of being grossed out. Ladies: My eyes glanced at my right knee just a few minutes ago and I swear there was a 6" brown curly hair blowing in the breeze. This is disturbing on so many levels! First of all, there's not another stubble on my knee, so how did this lone ranger make it past the razor? Next, I have blonde hair on my legs, so where did this dark brown hair get in the mix? And finally, how did I miss seeing the curlicue for so long? The older I get, lone long hairs appear over night!

OK men, you can start reading again (as if you didn't read the first paragraph after I warned you). I've been on the phone again this morning trying to collect money from the remaining people for the Women of Wine fundraiser. I'm getting there, but I still need a few people to call me back. Now, Rose and I are sitting on the bed in the back bedroom watching a segment of the Nate Burkus show titled "Cheap Chic." Apparently I'm doing everything wrong. I should only buy clothing items that can go with at least three other things in my closet. I never do that. I should wear bright solid colors. I don't do that. And I should mix patterns. I don't do that either, except when sewing or when helping Mr. B select ties to go with his suits.

Today I'm creating displays of items that I'll use Saturday during the fall festival. I have to create these displays before I go, so I can see what I need to sew between now and then. This means an afternoon, and possibly some of the evening, upstairs above the garage in the craft area.

No comments:

Post a Comment