Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21, 2011

Two half aprons I made yesterday.
We had dinner last night with "The Richards." It's always so fun catching up with them, although sometimes I feel like it's "gang-up-on-Julie" when we're all together. That is to say, Mr. B and The Richards tease me. Richard A has a very dry sense of humor like my father had and Little Ricky is a giggler. I'm smiling now as I think about being with them.

I spent several hours at the sewing machine yesterday afternoon, and will do the same this afternoon. I found the pattern I used for the purses I made in Santa Fe last summer. I'm going to modify the pattern for the velvet bags. I have 12 fabrics and trims matched. As I said yesterday, this is probably more than I can accomplish before returning back to Houston. Mr. B is taking it easy and enjoying silly movies. In between movies he rakes the leaves from the yard and/or pulls weeds until the next silly movies comes on.

Today I'm creating Thanksgiving dinner. Our friends Kelly and Keith are coming to Santa Fe on Wednesday to spend a few days with us. Since they are vegetarians, Mr. B and I are eating turkey today. Little Rickey and I had a long discussion last night about the difficulties of baking in the high desert. He is advised me to give up on ever having a meringue pie like I make at sea level, so today's baking adventure will be pecan pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment