Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 8, 2011

Bob Beszborn, Realtor with Boulevard Realty,
won the soup contest last Saturday and received
his prize - the golden ladle - today. Fun!
It's only 10 days until Mr. B and I leave for our annual Thanksgiving trip to Santa Fe. I checked the weather there yesterday. The high was 45 degrees and the low last night was in the 20s. It's so delicious going there and celebrating Thanksgiving in the cold!

I actually have an assignment from Rodeo Uncorked! This is the wine committee for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and I'm on the publicity team. You must have points from volunteer hours to earn a gold badge that will get you into different events. No points, no badge! I earned two points last night for attending the newcomer meeting and I'll earn points today for calling media and reminding them about the judging on Saturday. If someone I contact actually attends the meeting, I think I get bonus points. I was immediately excited about the idea of earning the most points and receiving a belt buckle. Then I told myself to step away from my competitive ego. Not to mention the stress of trying to earn 150+ points, do I really need a great big shiny silver buckle adorning my waist? I think not!

Today I'm creating a newsletter for my Tuesday client. I think I just volunteered to organize a Dads & Darlings event for Dec. 10. The idea is that dads bring their kids for a photo with Santa, and to make an ornament and purchase something for mom. The good news is that I'll have a chance to sell my items during the holiday market portion. And it will be indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment