Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29, 2011

Rose is such a good travel dog, spending
most of the travel time sleeping in the back seat.
Mr. B woke me up before dawn yesterday for our trip back to Houston. To my surprise, he drove the entire 13 hours back. This made me reflect on my dad who would get in his company car and drive across the state and then be back home in time for dinner. Impossible you say? Not so for a man with a lead foot. Today a person hops on a airplane for a day trip somewhere in the state, but Daddy would put the pedal to the metal with a thermos of hot coffee beside him. He would whistle along to the country music tune on the radio, eight track, tape or disc player. Before there were cell phones, which he never owned, Daddy had a radio mounted to the dash or floorboard for communication. "Come back." Later, after my older brother and I had left home, Mother would often travel with Daddy on his trips. Like her in years past, I slept in the front seat during most of yesterday's trip. "Over."

To our surprise, the temperature in Houston was chilly when we got home last night. We weren't expecting this when we left the house on December 18 and turned the heater off. It was so cold in the house!

Today I'm creating a newsletter for my Tuesday client. Then like my mother, I need to make lists – and possibly a list of lists – of errands I need to accomplish in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment