Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14, 2011

Denise Ehrlich is the head of Rodeo Uncorked!
Winery Relations and Publicity Committee
that I serve on. It was a long weekend for her!
Why do you think I'm moving so slowly this morning? Could it be the bubbly I drank last night? Or the acetaminophen I took because my hip was hurting? Or the melatonin I took because I couldn't go to sleep? Or is it because it's just a little cool in the house and the bed sheets are soft and warm? Hmmmm. It must be the latter because Roz is snuggled up on the bed pillows and Rose is at the foot of the bed snoring, and I know they didn't participate in the "chemicals" I drank and took last night.

Yesterday afternoon I volunteered with Rodeo Uncorked!, the Houston Live Stock & Rodeo wine committee. I only volunteered about five hours during the photographing of the labels of the winning wines, but some people almost lived at Reliant during the weekend while all of the wines were tasted and judged. Honestly, I've never seen so many bottles of wine. Rooms and rooms of tables filled with wine bottles. I never sat down for four hours, which is definitely the reason my right hip was aching last night. One of the five main people in the room with me was a wine rep, so I learned some things about wine along the way. Fun time!

Today I'm creating time for lunch with my friend Kelly, whose birthday was yesterday. This afternoon I have a board meeting with Women of Wine. I'd like to make a couple of aprons today, but that may have to wait until tomorrow afternoon. I'd also like to make some hobo bags out of velvet fabrics. We'll see how the day goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment