Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31, 2011

Mr. B with his Occupy Wall Street Sign (Eat
the rich, they taste like chicken) with friend
and chicken owner, Bill Baldwin (and Martha,
one of his live chickens) at the Halloween
party on Saturday night.
Two news items today, one happy and one sad.

For the happy news, Steve Jobs sister concluded her eulogy of him by sharing his final moments. She said he was staring lovingly at his family, and his final three monosyllabic words as he stared into the distance past their shoulders were: OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW. What a beautiful thought that he was seeing the afterlife and uttering these words of delight!


For the sad news, it's being reported that after 72 days of marriage, Kim Kardashian is filing for divorce from Kris Humphries. It's very sad that these two people got so caught up in the idea of marriage instead of getting to know one another. I admit that I watched the wedding on television. No one loves a wedding more than me. But it was impossible not to see that there was serious trouble even before the "I dos." I shouldn't judge anyone, but it seems that the Kardashian clan has lost touch with reality and has taken the idea of their brand past reality. Very sad!


Today I'm creating a monthly newsletter. I also hope to find time to spend upstairs in front of my sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment