Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1, 2011

These pieces are made from fabric. I may
have found a new use for my scraps.
I snuck away today to Round Top with my friend Mitzie (a.k.a. Melissa). We had tons of fun looking at stuff. Mitzie has been going for a number of years and always wants me to go because there is a woman who sells vintage barkcloth fabric, flour sacks and feed sacks. The woman from Florida had so many great fabrics! Mitzie was looking for a woman who sells vintage Fiestaware dishes. Found her, too. We also ran across a wonderful restaurant where we got pimento cheese and egg salad sandwiches. I'm not sure I've ever had better pimento cheese.

It was great to get out of town for just part of a day. The area around Brenham, Chappell Hill and Round Top is so beautiful with its small rolling hills and manicured fields. It's hard to believe it's just a little more than an hour from Houston.

Today I'm creating a cute outfit from clothes I already own to wear to the Houston Heights Association's dinner and auction tonight. I've been losing weight, but over estimated how much I had lost when I ordered a dress to wear tonight, but now I have a very pretty Easter dress to wear, if I can drop another 7-10 pounds before the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment