Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April 27, 2011

Good afternoon, world. What's up?

Daughters #1 and #2 (Kendall, left, and Evan, right,)
couldn't be more different and unique. I've been told
Kendall looks like me and Evan has my personality.
I was at an event last night that involved wine consumption with old and new women friends. Yippee! Daughter #1 Kendall was also in attendance, as were my friend Melissa (a.k.a. Mitzie) and her 20-something daughter Ashley. As the evening got later, Kendall kept motioning for me to be quiet, which made me think I was drinking too much and embarrassing her. So I called Mitzie this morning to discuss, and was reminded why I love my dear friend of 30+ years so much! Mitzie reminded me that it was our job as mothers to annoy and embarrass our children whenever and as often as possible. She also reminded me how quiet and shy Kendall can be around people she doesn't know, unlike moi and daughter #2 Evan. Mwah to Mitzie! It's great to have girlfriends.

Today I'm creating a newsletter, preparing for my Board meeting tonight for the Bayou City Arts Festival, and making a to-do-list for my Royal Wedding sleepover party. Can you say fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment