Monday, April 25, 2011

April 25, 2011

As someone who often can't sleep, I'm becoming an expert on late-night and early-morning programming, and can say with certainty that neither are worth staying awake to watch! Around 4:30 a.m. local news begins, which is all about the wrecks, fires and murders that happened while most people, but not me, were sleeping. There are television evangelists. 'Nuf said. Another option is the shopping networks with hosts who are entirely too peppy for anyone who is sleep deprived. 


My favorite programming this morning was an informercial for a device named "Pos-T-Vac." Let me be perfectly clear about this: I'm so happy I wasn't hired to write this copy. The Pos-T-Vac Vacuum Therapy System is FDA approved for managing Erectile Dysfunction (ED). Forget the little blue pill, which can take up to four hours. Instead, the all natural Pos-T-Vac is safe and effective at treating impotence, with results in as little as four minutes. For your convenience, we'll work with your doctor to obtain your prescription, bill your insurance for you, and ship your Pos-T-Vac discreetly to your home with no charge for shipping. That's right, there are no up-front out-of-pocket expenses. 


This copy is wrong on so many levels, not the least of which is the claim that the product is all natural. It's a plastic vacuum tube that costs about $200! I had to keep watching  for the announcement, But wait, there's more. Would there be a forthcoming two-for-one offer or the promise of steak knives if the viewer called in the next 10 minutes? But alas, it wasn't to be. A final thought about "Pos-T-Vac." Do you think the inventors wanted to name their product "The Bullet" and were saddened to learn that name was taken?


Today I'm creating ideas for upcoming sewing projects. I'm trying to decide if I want to have a "trunk" show before Mother's Day. If I do, I better put the pedal to the metal and get cranking on my sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment