Sunday, April 24, 2011

April 24, 2011

Truett Bryan Akin, Jr. and Peggie Hargrove Akin
on January 28, 1995, at my wedding to Mr. B.
Today is Easter Sunday and the date of my parents' wedding anniversary. At the time of my mother's death 10 years ago, Mother and Daddy had been married 52 years. Daddy lived six more years, but seemed lost when his high school sweetheart was no longer with him.

I now have many friends who are suffering as I did during the illnesses of my parents. Since I've been through the process of losing my parents (and my brother), I try to be supportive, but it's such a personal grief. What helped me most was to know in my heart that after their deaths, they were in a better place, no longer in their tired, diseased bodies. I choose to believe my parents are together now, floating on a big white fluffy cloud, watching over their earthy family.

Today I'm creating a day of relaxation. Mr. B and I have no plans for the afternoon, except to take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment