Thursday, April 21, 2011

April 21, 2011

Happy birthday QEII who was born in 1926, and is 85 today. I saw a video of her this morning going to church. She was dressed in her matching pale blue coat and hat. How cute is she? Standing behind her (as always) was Prince Philip. He'll be 90 in June. He brought strong German genes to the British monarchy. Three of his and Elizabeth's children look so much like him.

My orange war paint last year in SFe.
Also today in 1836, an army of Texans led by Sam Houston defeated Santa Anna and his Mexican army at San Jacinto. My mom loved Texas history. Our family went several times to visit Sam Houston's house outside of Huntsville. Being a realist, Mother would tell us stories about Houston's affairs and unhealed war injuries. I'll spare you those history lessons.

Today I'm creating a royal moment of pampering for myself. I've been good all week with healthy eating, so I'm going to treat myself to a mani/pedi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment