Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 6, 2011

I usually avoid commenting on bogus corporate statements, but these two are just too outrageous. 
* In a report released last week, British Petroleum claimed it had spilled less oil in 2010 than it did in 2006 or 2008--just 1.7 million liters. How could that be? After all, last year's massive Gulf Coast spill may go down as the worst oil-spill disaster in history.
* Even more outrageous, Transocean Ltd., the company that ran the Deepwater Horizon oil rig (before it exploded, killing 11 and filling the Gulf of Mexico with oil), has decided to give its executives bonuses for achieving “the best year in safety performance in our company’s history.” Words can't express my disgust!


Today I'm creating a day of glamour for myself. I'm going to get a summer hair cut and then I'm going to buy myself some new makeup. I think the last time I bought any makeup was almost two years ago, so it's time!

No comments:

Post a Comment