Friday, April 22, 2011

April 22, 2011

Rose likes the new basket, but started sneezing
because the fabric inside the basket reaks from
the smell of mothball.
In the Thursday edition of the Houston Chronicle I always look in the classified section for upcoming auctions and garage/estate sales. I got in the Thursday morning habit several years ago when Mr. B was renovating houses. I was staging properties for him and could often find something I needed at a garage/estate sale at a reasonable price. Yesterday I found two estate sales that peaked my interest, so off I went.

The first estate sale featured artwork, but what the advertisement failed to mention was that all the art was ugly and terribly overpriced. At the second estate sale I found a great vintage basket (love baskets) and tons of fabrics. So the money I was going to spend yesterday on a mani/pedi instead went to purchase the basket, which I filled with cool fabrics, trims and buttons. I told Mr. B that buying these items was my "green" effort because if I hadn't bought the items they would have probably ended up in a landfill.

Today I'm creating magic with fabrics. Although I'm not sure what magic with fabrics will include, I'm inspired to mix and match fabrics and trims with cute vintage buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment