Friday, April 15, 2011

April 15, 2011


Susan Lucci (a.k.a. Erica Cane) in 1970
when All My Children went on the air.

The good doctor (daughter #1) texted me yesterday with a message that both All My Children and One Life to Live have been cancelled. "NO," I reply, but alas, it is so! I started watching All My Children the year it came on the air, and have watched it or kept up with it since then.

It appears that programming experts have determine that the "soap opera" genre has run its course. What I would say is that soap opera writers have run out of original ideas! Do the writers really expect followers of All My Children to be interested in watching Erica Kane get married for the millionth time? Apparently not, because instead of the wedding, Erica got kidnapped for the billionth time. I can watch All My Children only on Fridays, and the characters will still be having the same conversation they had the Friday before.

Today I'm creating an afternoon of learning while attending a three-hour seminar titled Advanced Social Media. My hope, after driving to Conroe, is that the seminar contains new information. Nothing worse than attending a boring class on a Friday afternoon when I could be home watching a boring episode of All My Children!

No comments:

Post a Comment