Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 8, 2011

Yesterday I got a comment on my blog from a church friend about the apron I made for Valentine's Day and posted around that time. Another writer! We creative types have to stick together and encourage each other.

The large tote I made yesterday is so cute. Unfortunately, the photo taken with my iPhone doesn't do it justice. A heavy stabilizer/backing makes the tote feel substantial. That's not to say that the weight of the bag is heavy, but rather it has a hefty feel like it could hold lots of goodies. In all, there are seven pockets (six outside and one inside) and seven fabrics on the bag. All the fabrics make the bag very colorful: solid denim (exterior body), striped denim (exterior handle), small floral print (handle lining), solid pink (bag lining), yellow stripe and green pattern (exterior pockets), and I especially like the great vintage barkcloth that is the center pocket on both sides of the exterior.

Today I'm creating another tote bag out of two fabrics that Mr. B helped me match last night. One of the fabrics is a remnant from our living room valences. We've had them up for at least 10 years and I still have leftovers of the striped fabric. The coordinating piece is a floral remnant. I don't remember where or when I bought it, but I'm always excited to find mix and match pieces among my hoard of fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment