Friday, March 11, 2011

March 11, 2011

I'm still enjoying old family photos. Today's photo is one of my father with his parents (unfortunately the scan isn't very clear). I think the photo was taken during the late 1940s while my dad was attending Texas A&M. On both sides of his family, Daddy was the first to graduate from college. Graduating from A&M is a tradition followed by many people in my family: Truett Bryan Akin, Jr. (Daddy), Truett Bryan Akin, III (brother Bryan), Rebecca Lynn Akin Mackey (niece Becky), Patricia Jane Akin (niece Tricia), and Truett Bryan Akin, IV (nephew Truett was a member of the only graduating class of Texas A&M Law School).

Today I'm creating volunteer opportunities for myself in Santa Fe. Although it's still several months off until I leave for my six-week vaca in SFe, I'd like to find a museum where I can volunteer 10-15 hours a week from mid-July to Labor Day. I want to meet more people with similar interest in my adopted city, so keep your fingers crossed that some organization needs my skills (and sparkling personality).

No comments:

Post a Comment