Friday, March 18, 2011

March 18, 2011

Technically Friday is over, but I'm just now getting around to Friday's post. I was so proud of myself for skipping two St. Patrick's Day events on Thursday, which greatly simplified my life. I was able to finish cleaning house plus make chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting, vanilla cupcakes and orange frosting, and pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

Cooking the vegies for the Vegetable Tetrazzini. YUM!
Today (Friday) I'm creating a lovely dinner for Mr. B's birthday, which is actually Saturday. I couldn't do it without my sous chefs Kendall and Nick. Nick made a wonderful tray with cheeses, grapes, crackers and whole almonds. The salad course was fresh spinach leaves tossed with blueberries, honey roasted almond slivers and champagne dressing. The main course included casseroles of Chicken Tetrazzini and Vegetable Tetrazzini, and two types of bread. Then the fabulous cupcakes. Lots of wine and champagne. How can I top this for his real birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment