Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 30, 2011

When I log onto my blog each day, the first thing that pops up is the previous days post. This morning I smiled when I saw the pillows I posted yesterday. Mr. B likes them so much he doesn't want me to donate them to the Friday night auction.

Since it's the neighborhood where Mr. B and I live, I'm  donating several items to the auction this weekend, including an apron (see photo). The auction committee is combining my apron with a basket of teas, so the fabric I used has images of tea pots (among other things). It's fun for me to coordinate fabrics with a theme.

Today I'm creating the backside of my t-shirt quilt. The t-shirts I'm using were all printed for the Heights Festival, which was held for many, many years on the first Sunday in October along Heights Blvd. Eventually the expenses and time it took to produce the festival outgrew the revenues, so it exists no more. Since the festival was held under the trees on Heights Blvd., part of the fabric I'm using has trees on it. Another fabric I'm able to theme with the associated event.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your quilt!! I boxed up all my old Heights Festival t-shirts last fall to send off to a company that makes t-shirt quilts. Unfortunately, that is as far as I got. I'm still looking at the box of t-shirts in my office...
    Cheers!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete