Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 10, 2011

It will come as no surprise to those who know me when I say, "I'm not a morning person!" Yet I was up at 6:00 this morning to attend a breakfast meeting that started an hour later. I had laid out my clothes last night so I won't have to go through the ordeal this morning of finding something to wear in the dark. But when I walked outside of the house, it was so cool that I had to run back in and find something to wear over my short-sleeve dress. Not an easy task to find something when my eyes were still closed. But I made it to the breakfast and was very proud to be there when my friend received his award!
Photo from the late 1960s, (from l to r) my great-uncle
Ollie, me, my grandfather and older brother, Bryan.

Today I'm creating some scrapbook entries. While I was in my crafting area today, I came across several boxes of photos from my parents' house. Mother used to be very good about keeping photos in albums, but after she had her first stroke in 1994, the photos just collected in boxes until her death in 2001, and my father continued the practice until his death in 2007. Plus, when my grandmother died in 1995, photos from her house got mingled with photos from my parents. I sat on the floor for hours, remembering my loved ones who have passed. May they all rest in peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment