Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 16, 2011

Photo of Dr. Kendall Elyse McCarley after receiving her
Ph.D. (Development Psychology) in June 2009. Also
pictured (l-r), Nick Zamora (husband), Alex Zamora
(Nick's brother) and Richard McCarley (proud Dad).
Another productive day on the work and volunteer fronts. I spent three hours this morning working on the presentation I'm making tonight at the board meeting for Bayou City Art Festivals. I even got #1 daughter Kendall (a.k.a. the Doc and Dr. Mc) involved. I can write the four pages of text (over and over and over again) for the presentation, but when it comes to diagrams, such as the organizational charts I hand drew, I need the help of someone with better computer skills. Interesting that when I asked the Doc if she could help me with the 'org charts' she asked, "What's an org chart?" Since Kendall has her Ph.D., I think of her as 'all knowing' when in fact her experience is in academia and research. She has little experience in the business world and doesn't know certain terms.

On to the next volunteer project of the day, thanks to the lovely Denise and Monique for a terrific and fun lunch at Catalan!

Today I'm creating the rest of the website I've been working on for a week or so. It just keeps growing and growing as I try to explain medical conditions and terms to a 'lay audience.'

No comments:

Post a Comment