Saturday, March 19, 2011

March 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mr. B!

Saturday morning is already here! Of course, the birthday boy had his regular Saturday morning breakfast with his friend Keith. After all the margaritas they drank last night, I imagine a heavy dose of hangover relief was needed this morning! They were feeling no pain by the end of the evening, after laughing through the roast and toast to Mr. B.

Thanks to #1 son-in-law Nick for photographing
the cupcakes served at Mr. B's birthday dinner party.
Tonight we're heading to some friends' home to welcome other friends back from five years in Scotland. We got to spend a week in Scotland with them about four years ago. Lovely trip! I think it was the last overseas vacation we took, before deciding to buy the casita in Santa Fe and foregoing trips abroad. Although we miss traveling, we really enjoy the Pettita Casita.

Today I'm creating more chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting, at the birthday boy's request. I tried something new and replaced the water in the cupcake recipe with brewed coffee. A real hit with him! Happy birthday to my cupcake, Mr. B. He's a real hit with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment