Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3, 2011

I attended an all day conference today at Rice University. The subject was developing effective non-profit boards. I serve as a director of the Art Colony Association (ACA), which is a non-profit organization that produces Houston's two Bayou City Art Festivals. I'm really proud to serve an organization whose mission is raising funds to support art organizations.

The picture I'm posting today is of some of the ACA board members and their "+1" guests. The photo was taken after our annual board dinner, so maybe some of us (me) are starry eyed from a few cocktails.

Today I'm creating a summary of what I learned during the workshop to share with my fellow board members. And I'm creating a list of what I can do to be a better board member.

No comments:

Post a Comment