Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 23, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor died early this morning. She is a perfect example of a woman who seemed to have it all: extreme beauty, tons of money, talent, adoration of millions, etc. Yet she always seemed unhappy, so really all those "things" didn't bring her happiness.

The photo I'm posting today is of Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." This photo seems to epitomize her needy relationship with the men in her life. She was unlucky in love! Late in life, her charity work with AIDs seemed to bring her happiness. And at the end of her life, her family (four children, 10 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren) brought her happiness. Good lesson for all of us: It's not "things" that bring us happiness, but family and helping others. May she find happiness in heaven.

Today I'm creating packages for upcoming auctions. I keep saying I'm not going to work on anymore charity auctions, but then I keep getting involved. They bring me happiness. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment