Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2, 2011

I've been so busy today: driving across town for a doctor's appointment; conducting project research;  participating in a conference call; driving across town (again) for creative brainstorming with a colleague; and helping the "doc" with proofing, editing and wordsmithing. But being busy all day means I missed the television news about Charlie Sheen. Yippee!

Who else is sick of hearing about Charlie Sheen? He claims to have "closed my eyes and in a nanosecond cured myself." Really? Read the words of someone who is "cured" from abusing drugs and alcohol. "I'm a bitching rock star from Mars." "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen." And my personal favorite: "Tiger blood now drips from my fangs." I shouldn't make fun because addiction is a disease, but I can't resist just one more jab: Charlie Sheen makes Gary Busey and Lindsey Lohan sound like rocket scientists.

Today I'm creating a tote bag pattern to use with some vintage textiles I recently purchased. Unfortunately, there will be no sewing tomorrow because it will be another full day of using my brain power to listen, create and engage (only a marketing consultant would write something so contrite).

Last spring I made clutch bags using vintage flour sacks. Cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment