Sunday, March 6, 2011

March 6, 2011

March is one of my favorite months in Houston because the weather is usually cool and sunny. Today is a great example of a beautiful March day. If I didn't have so many indoor projects that need completion, I'd put on my gardening gloves and head outside.
Artwork by Houston artist Kelly Moran.

Last night we went to several art openings. As I posted earlier this week on Facebook, we were looking forward to Sandra York's opening. We were also excited about an opening for Kelly Moran. Mr. B and I have followed Kelly's career for several years and have a couple of her "works on paper" in our collection. Her artwork usually includes vintage wallpapers and linoleum. The photo I'm posting today is an example of her work. My friend (Kelly Simmons) who was with me last night commented that one reason I admire Kelly Moran's work may be because the vintage wallpapers in her work remind me of the vintage barkcloth fabrics I work with. Could be!

Today I'm creating a tote bag out of vintage barkcloth fabric because of the inspiration I received last night from Kelly Moran's artwork and Sandra York's passion for creating. Women inspiring women – I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment