Saturday, March 12, 2011

March 12, 2011

Photo of my paternal grandparents from their
50th wedding anniversary. He and his older
brother owned a men's clothing store in
Bryan, TX. She was a fabulous seamstress
who taught me to sew. Wish I had half of
her hand skills and patience.
Great chat this Saturday morning with a friend and neighbor about doing some pro bono work for a couple of organizations. One is a charity organized by women to help other women. No way I could say no! Love the idea and can't wait to see if I'm a good fit with the organization's needs.

On my three-block walk to the friend's house, my foot got stuck on the broken sidewalk, and down I went on both hands and knees. I was silently screaming obscenities to myself and wondering when I was going to stop being such a klutz! But what concerned me most wasn't the fact that I might be bleeding. No, I was worried that I had torn my favorite weekend jeans (yes, I did) or scuffed my cute shoes (fortunately, I did not). Whew!

Today I'm creating at least three aprons, maybe four. Yesterday I made a list of items I've promised to donate during this month, and the total was 12 items I need to make. But first a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment