Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Longest Day

I kept a small bouquet of colorful roses on my table all
weekend. They still smell so great.
Mr. B is a WWII buff. He likes anything to do with WWI. Every year on D-Day, he sits around watching war movies, including Tora, Tora, Tora and The Longest Day. I always thought watching these movies year after year after year was torture, but I faced the real longest day today during the final  hours of the Santa Fe Recycle Market.

Don't get me wrong. Today was the best day yet. More people were at the recycle market and I had more sales, but my legs and hips were killing me after the first half of the day. I had a great day and great fun, but I don't understand how people do this weekend after weekend. After the show, when people were packing their vans and trailers, I heard many of them say, "See you next weekend." No way, Jose. The only place I'll be next weekend is enjoying time with Mr. B.

Today I'm creating possibly the last day of my festival career as a vendor. After packing the Explorer, I stopped by Albertson's to purchase a bottle of wine and then got some Chinese food. Now
I'm trying desperately to stay awake until 10 p.m. to watch the Mentalist. Not sure I'll make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment