Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Surprise this Morning

While we slept snug in our bed last night, "The City Different" received its first measurable snowfall of the season. Mr. B and the furry Pettit girls were very surprised when they went outside this morning. The ground is completely covered with snow and we could see it still falling. It's supposed to snow for the next three days, which means the Pettits may not leave the casita for at least that length of time. This is a special treat for us Texas folks, but I wouldn't want to live with it for months at the time.

I was so excited to hear about the snow that I jumped out of bed around 8 a.m. On a Saturday morning? Unthinkable. I know Mr. B wanted to go to town to eat breakfast. Let's see if he still wants to do that after he gets out of the shower.

Today I'm creating a pot of stew that we can enjoy tonight for dinner. And some cornbread will go very well with stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment