Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanks for my blessings

The Pettits' high desert Thanksgiving table.
The furry Pettit girls know that something is going on. We have started packing and cleaning the casita. What's really confusing to the girls is that we're also cooking Thanksgiving dinner. They equate long road trips with deep cleaning and packing, but not with all day cooking.

Although it's still cold outside, it's unbelievably beautiful in the high desert. I got up today and called the lovely McCarley sisters to wish them happy Thanksgiving. I had to leave voicemails. I think Dr. Mc and #1 son-in-law Nick are in Austin to celebrate Thanksgiving with his extended family, but I have no idea what Sweetness is doing. Wherever they are and whatever they are doing, I hope both my daughters remember to say they are thankful for their mom today. It's a longstanding joke and tradition.

Today I'm creating thanks for my many blessings. I'm thankful for a wonderful family and fun friends. I'm thankful for a very handsome, supportive and loving husband. I'm thankful for paying and pro-bono clients who inspire me to be creative and innovative. And among other things, I'm so thankful that Mr. B and I have a house in Santa Fe where we can escape the craziness of holidays and spend time together counting our many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment