Saturday, November 16, 2013

A long day

My booth is set up and ready to go.
If possible, I would spend all of the profits from the Santa Fe Recycle Market buying items from other vendors. I'm very inspired by the creativity of people, which is a good thing. Of course, there is some crap, but there are many more terrific items in the market.

It has surprised me which of the items I've made have sold and which ones haven't. For example, I thought the tote bags would be a big hit, since Santa Fe has just passed a law outlawing plastic bags. I would buy a fashionable, reasonably priced cotton one that I could wash. But I really haven't sold many totes. And I haven't sold a single pillow. What? People like them and comment on how cute they are, but then they say, "Oh, I bet they're scratchy." I just smile and wonder if these people sit around naked.

Today I'm creating sales. I don't know how people travel across the country and participate in art festivals. I enjoy meeting people, but it was a long day … and I still have tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment