Monday, November 18, 2013

And the worm turns

Well, what do you know. People haven't been drinking the kool-aid. What a nice surprise! I had a great conversation today that made me smile. That's all I'm going to say about it, except thanks Karen for reminding me. You're so right that when people are in crisis they suddenly get energized, but also want to go back to what is familiar and comfortable, whether that's the right way to go or not.
Another view of my booth from last weekend.

I'm still in my pajama bottoms, big t-shirt and huge sweater. It's cold in "them there hills" and cold in "this here" casita. I have the Kiva going and I'm still cold. This Texas girl isn't used to prolonged temps in the 40s during the day and below freezing at night.

Today I'm creating a day of rest. The furry Pettit girls kept me awake last night. Rose wanted to go outside and Roz just wanted to lay in the middle of the bed. Around 3:45 a.m. I felt so bad that I got in the car with Rose and drove around looking for someplace where I could buy Alieve. Unfortunately, there's nothing open in Santa Fe at that time of the morning. So I propped myself up in the bed and watched an old Barbara Stanwyck movie. The best sleep I got was probably between 8:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment