Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A quiet day

The beauty of the high desert covered in snow.
I had lots of things to do today, but instead I've sat around in front of the Kiva fire and watched probably four movies. Instead of cleaning house, Mr. B and I have said we'll be thankful tomorrow that we have a casita in the high desert where we spend Thanksgiving and clean before we head back to Houston.

In 2007, when we first bought the casita, Mr. B and I decided to start a new tradition and have Thanksgiving here. My father had died in 2007, after the deaths of my older brother in 2004, and my mom in 2001. I was feeling pretty lost at that time. It has been a wonderful tradition that we have celebrated year after year, except for last year when I had just had a second foot surgery and was unable to travel. So tomorrow we will sleep as late as the furry Pettit girls will let us, then clean house before cooking and enjoying a wonderful, leisurely meal. I do have many things to be thankful for this year and I don't want to forget a single blessing I have received.

Today I'm creating an incentive write up. Yes, even the day before Thanksgiving there is work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment