Sunday, November 24, 2013

Super Sunday

The snow that fell on Santa Fe night before last was nothing like what came last night. The pic-of-the-day is of chairs and a table that sit outside the front door of the casita. There was no snow on them or the fence behind them last night when we went to bed. If I stepped out the door the snow would be mid-calf deep. Otherwise I'd stick a ruler in the snow on the table to check the depth. And since the temperature isn't supposed to reach freezing today, the snow isn't going away.

The snow that was on the ground yesterday mostly melted by night fall, so Mr. B and I went downtown to eat. After dinner we drove to the plaza to see the lights, but unfortunately they weren't on. Driving around the plaza made me think of several shops that I want to visit before I leave town. I thought Mr. B and I could go this afternoon. NOT. We are supposed to go to a birthday party for a friend tonight, but I don't think we will make it there, either.

Today I'm creating a snow day. I'm still in my pajama bottoms, t-shirt and thick socks. It's so cold outside that the casita isn't getting warm inside. My hands are cold so it might be time to add a sweater over my t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment