Thursday, November 14, 2013

Strength!

Tin bracelets coming together on my little snack tray.
Last night when I went to bed I was terribly upset and uncertain about what to do. I fretted all night, which means that I didn't get much sleep. This morning I took the furry Pettit sisters out and then went back to bed with a container of yogurt, still feeling not on top of the situation. I don't have to be in control or in charge, but I do like to feel that I'm on top of a situation.

I basically blew off what I should have been doing this morning (preparing for the Recycle Market) and just pondered (watched silly morning television and napped). All day I've stayed in my pajama bottoms and t-shirt while adding multiple layers for warmth. Then this afternoon I put on my big-girl panties to tackle the situation. Tonight I feel so much better. Thanks to all the people who had conversations with me today – especially Claire and my rock, Mr. B – who helped me refocus and find mental clarity.

Today I'm creating price tags and signs for my booth space at the Recycle Festival. It's tomorrow and I want to make a few more bracelets and maybe some holiday earrings. First, a bowl of roasted mushroom soup. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment