Wednesday, August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Leaving the estate sale with Lynn (from left) and Debbie.
I just booked another flight to Houston. I need to be back at the end of the month for an important meeting with Bayou City Art Festival. We've applied for a grant with the Houston Arts Alliance. Since I wrote the grant proposal and am president of the board of directors, it's worth my time to be there for the meeting.

On a more fun note, today I went to an estate sale in Santa Fe. I love going to these things! I could have bought a bunch of stuff, but limited myself. I'm still thinking about the cast iron dutch oven I passed up for $35. Nice size. And it had a lid. This is so much cheaper than buying a Le Creuset for $280. The one I saw at the estate sale was in great condition and was even conditioned (the cast iron needs to be oil when put away to keep it conditioned). Well, I'l sleep on it. It would be great to have at the casita during the winter for stews and soups!

Today I'm creating a recap of my auction committee meeting that took place on Monday afternoon in Houston. I'm so proud of myself for remembering to bring my notes with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment