Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 21, 2012

The girls inspecting the expanded patio,
before the ceramic tiles are put in place.
I'm happy to report that the water heater was repaired yesterday, but I'm sad to say it stopped working again today. (At least I was able to run the dishwasher while there was hot water.) The extremely nice repairman provided me with TMI yesterday about what would have to occur if his fix wasn't the cause of the problem. I smiled and politely nodded as I listened to him speak Portuguese? Chinese? Plumberese? This is to say that I have no idea what he was talking about or what to do now.

This is Tuesday, so according to my new organizational schedule I developed yesterday, I went to the grocery store. I didn't go until late this afternoon, which probably wasn't a good idea since I was hungry. Mr. B told me he was going to have pizza with a friend tonight, so that put the idea of the crusty delight in my head. I bought a barbecue chicken pizza for one and it was quite tasty, if somewhat misleading. I was expecting the pizza to be topped with barbecue chicken, but instead BBQ sauce replaced the tomato sauce, and the toppings were grilled chicken chunks, onions and cheese. On my food diary, do I get to count the tomatoes in the BBQ sauce and the onion topping as veggies? Maybe half a serving?

Today I'm creating to-do lists for my two charity boards. With Women of Wine Charities, I'm doing some publicity work plus organizing the upcoming auction. And for Bayou City Art Festival I'm preparing to speak on behalf of our grant proposal next week. I also got my sewing machine and "stuff" out of the closet and set up in the dining room. I have no excuse for not sewing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment