Sunday, August 5, 2012

August 5, 2012

The birthday boy, Alex, with Dr. Mc, some
unknown dude, and #1 son-in-law Nick.
Yes, the weather was hot last night, and so was the party I planned. The sliders from Bernie's Burger Bus were so yummy. If you ever see the truck parked in Houston, treat yourself. Not only do they make the burgers, but also the chips and all the fixin's. Not to be out done, What's Up Cupcake was busy serving a variety of sweet treats all night. I had a bite of Mr. B's carrot cake, as well as a lemon cupcake. Both were equally tasty.

When White Linen Night was over, we went to a party at Dr. Mc and #1 son-in-law Nick's house. Nick's brother Alex was celebrating his 30th birthday along with about 50 of his friends. There was also a Sweetness sighting, along with her on-again, off-again boyfriend Raff. I guess they are on-again. When Mr. B and I arrived around 10:30 p.m., we  just missed Nick and Alex's 80+ year old grandmother participating in a dance contest. I understand the video will soon be on YouTube. Can't wait to see the replay.

Today I'm creating dinner for friends who are coming over to play bridge. The grill master will work his magic on a pork tenderloin and I'm going to contribute a starch and salad. I guess I should also think about dessert. Maybe I'll find the cupcake truck!

No comments:

Post a Comment