Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 11, 2012

Cupcakes decorated for dinner party tonight.
This is the type of Saturday I used to experience in Houston before I was forced to slow down because of my foot/ankle. I picked up friend Lyn and we went back to the estate sale we shopped on Thursday. I wanted to purchase a cast iron dutch oven with lid I saw on Thursday, but it was gone. Drat! Oh well, I looked around some and found two prints by a native American artist named Aaron Freeland, but didn't buy them because I hadn't heard of him. Next Lyn and I went to another estate sale, which was not really an estate sale, but not a yard sale, either. Not much to see. Then we met Debbie at El Museo for an ethnographic show. Wonderful pieces, but beyond my budget! Then I saw a huge framed print by none other than Aaron Freeland. It was beautiful. Hummmm, should I got back to the estate sale ... for a third time ... and buy the prints? I did, only to find that the prints had sold about 30 minutes before I returned. Drat!

After all this running around, the girls would be doing the potty dance, as Sweetness used to call it, so I headed home to let them out and eat a late lunch under the portal (porch). Wonderful sunshine. Cooling breeze. The girls and I just sat outside enjoying the weather.

Today I'm creating cupcakes for a dinner party tonight. My contribution is dessert. I made pink lemonade cupcakes with cream cheese icing, lemon zest and blueberries. I also made my delicious chocolate coffee cupcakes with chocolate icing and topped with raspberries. Perhaps I have finally mastered the trick to high altitude baking (lower temperature and longer cooking time). The truth will be in the pudding ... ah, cupcakes ... when they are eaten tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment