Wednesday, August 22, 2012

August 22, 2012

Missing Mr. B today!
I'm waiting on the plumber. Doesn't that sound fun? It sounds expensive to me. Typical New Mexico, the plumber is at lunch now and can't talk to me about the project until later today.

I remember the birthdays of my family and friends, so I was thinking about my cousin Leigh today. A year ago, on her 58th birthday, she found out that she had brain cancer. She already knew she had cancer in both of her lungs, but she hadn't told her family. In the past year, she has had brain surgery to remove the tumor and surgery to look at the extent of the cancer in her lungs, as well as chemo and radiation. I hear from her sister Susan that Leigh has good days and bad days, but she continues to work, see her friends, and carry on with her life as best she can. I saw Leigh around Memorial Day and she looked great, even though her thick, dark-brown hair has been replaced with barely there white hair. But her giggle and spirits remain intact. You go, girl!

Today I'm creating birthday wishes and continued prayers for Leigh. And since it's Wednesday, I'm also going to straighten and dust the casita.

No comments:

Post a Comment