Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August 15, 2012

My grandfather, Truett Bryan Akin, Sr.,
was born on Aug. 15, 1906 and died in
Feb. 1980. He was a loving man who enjoyed
a simple lifestyle, and loved God and his family.
I'm excited because there is a store in Santa Fe that wants to see my bags and pillows. They liked the photos so now I need to produce a few samples. I haven't gone crazy with ordering fabrics from the Internet, but I have ordered a few. The fabrics should start arriving tomorrow in the mail. I'll have plenty of sewing to do this coming weekend.

It looked all afternoon like it was going to rain in Santa Fe, but not a drop fell – or at least not at the casita. It rained for about 10 minutes late yesterday, which was just enough to really cool off the temperature. I must have been cold last night because when I woke up this morning I was curled up in a ball and wrapped in the duvet and sheet. Nothing was tucked in.

Today I'm creating time to read. I brought several books with me, but haven't read anything except magazines. I also spent time on the phone trying to fix the television in the main room, only to find out that what's really needed is a new receiver. Fortunately it's now time for a glass – or two – of vino. Oh, and American Pickers is on television. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment