Sunday, August 19, 2012

August 19, 2012

Roz and Rose posing for the camera.
I'm admitting upfront that I didn't sew a stitch yesterday, so there will not be a photo of a cute bag today. Unfortunately yesterday afternoon turned out to be a downer that zapped all my enthusiasm. When I finished laying the flagstone for the patio, I came inside to take my shower, but there wasn't any hot water. Major bummer! The casita has a water heater that provides hot water on demand. But as much as I demanded, it didn't respond with hot water. I know nothing about this, except to wait for Monday morning to call someone. A plumber?

I took the pups outside this morning to survey my work on the patio. All is looking good! Now I need to fill in the wide spots with some colorful ceramic tiles. This afternoon I watched an episode of Yard Crashers on HGTV to see how experts lay stones for a patio. Although my process was different, I'm not ripping out the patio and starting over.

Today I'm creating reading time. I think I'll take the day off from outdoor back torture. I'm just not up to getting sweaty and then running around in a cold shower, so I think I'll do as much as possible today to stay clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment