Sunday, August 26, 2012

August 26, 2012

When you brush this plant in the garden it
omits a smell similar to chocolate. Rose
doesn't like it so she just stands there barking
until I move her or the plant.
It's just after 2 p.m. in the high desert and I see the dark clouds moving in from the north. It's OK with me and the other people in Santa Fe because there is no festival on The Plaza this weekend and the short afternoon rains have been bringing in cooler weather. A 10-15 minutes rain that brings cooler weather is great with me. The girls and I are sitting out under the portal (porch in New Mexican speak) and enjoying the breeze. Roz is working on her tan and scratching herself on the grass mat while Rose has her butt up against the cool adobe wall in the shade.

This morning after I took the girls on their walk, we watched what I'm guessing was the second installment of the Zorro franchise starring Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta Jones. In this movie, they had a son who totally freaked me out! In my opinion, the horse did the best acting job in the Zorro movie. Do you know the name of Zorro's horse? His name is Tornado and is pronounced in the Spanish way, "tor-NAH-do." A high school friend is trying out for Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I should pass that bit of trivia on to Enid. 

Today I'm creating a spic and span house before I leave town tomorrow. I'll be in Houston for two days, then back in The Land of Enchantment for 10 days before I head home for good. As usual, it was been a fast couple of months in the high desert!


No comments:

Post a Comment