Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 14, 2012

Sunflower blooming in the garden. Six
more buds on the single stem.
At this moment I'm not a happy camper! I've driven to the Apple store in ABQ (about an hour). I showed the guy at the front door my broken cable, and he has told me that I can either (a) wait 3.5 hours for a seat at the Genius Bar or (b) buy a new cable for $80. After I pitched a fit, I was told that a tech guy would have to look at my cable, which they may deem to be physical damage that won't be covered by my warranty. This computer is three months old. The cord is three months old. And I may have to buy a new cord. I can't believe it!

I bought my new MacBook Pro because Apple told me that my old one couldn't be fixed. Then Dr. Mc took it, put her old hard drive in my old Mac, and sure enough, it works. So in other words, I bought a new computer, with warranty, plus their special one-on-one service to the tune of almost $2K ... and three months later I have a computer that doesn't work (except for now when I'm sitting at a table in the Apple store plugged into their power cord.

Today I'm creating a scene in the ABQ Apple store. I'm PISSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment