Thursday, August 2, 2012

August 2, 2012

Although it looks shady and cool outside the
Houston house,  reality is much different!
I made the drive to ABQ this morning for a flight back to HOU. This is the first time in years that I've been in HOU during August. The minute I walked outside of Hobby Airport I was struck by the reason I avoid my hometown at this time of the year: heat and humidity. I fussed at Mr. B for making me wait outside for him. By the time he arrived (35 minutes late) I was soaking wet.

It's weird to be here without Roz and Rose. My friend and super-hero Richard is staying in the casita with the girls. I warned him that Roz might not come out from under the bed – except to eat – the entire time I'm gone. Sure enough that's exactly where she was hiding when he went to the house to take the girls outside around noon.

Today I'm creating responses to emails and trying to finish an ad while in the midst of traveling. Atlas, it's not going to happen. When Mr. B and I got to the house from the airport, it was around 6 p.m. and still very hot! I had to strip down and have a nap while the energizer bunny was running around making noise. But all is right with the world right now after my nap and cooling down.

No comments:

Post a Comment