Saturday, August 25, 2012

August 25, 2012

The girls playing follow-the-leader down
the pebble path to the flagstone patio.
I finished my errands and house cleaning yesterday, so today is a fun day. First thing this morning I interviewed a house sitter. I really liked her and want to stay in touch with her as I think we could be friends. Of course, Rose was her joyful self while Lorraine was at the house, even walking around with a toy in her mouth (always a good sign). And of course Roz hid under the bed.

When Lorraine left the house, I grabbed my bag (and computer) and headed the Santa Fe Baking Co. for brunch. This is where I am now. Sometimes I meet my high school friend (Jack) Gary McLeod here for breakfast during the winter, but he isn't in town right now. He and his partner summer in Colorado and winter in New Mexico. Personally, I love the weather in Santa Fe right now. Although it's hard to imagine, people in the high desert enjoy al fresco dining at this time of year.

Today I'm creating a tote bag. I saw some great barkcloth fabric on my adventures yesterday, but didn't buy it. I thought the price was high and I'm not sure I could get my money back on it. Still thinking about it today, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment