Friday, August 17, 2012

August 17, 2012

Colorful and yummy dinner from last night.
Yesterday, I had a very productive afternoon and evening. Remembering that Rome wasn't built in a day, I packed the yellow wagon/wheelbarrow with seven pieces of flagstone and placed them in the patio I'm building by the front door. After 30 minutes in the desert sun doing manual labor, I came inside, had a shower, took two ibuprofen, and laid down for a nap with the dogs. Labor. Shower. Nap. Today? Repeat.

Last night I made myself dinner involving ingredients that Mr. B doesn't like to eat. Pan-seared flounder topped with homemade black bean and corn salsa, sprinkled with avocado, tomato and a spoonful of feta cheese, and finished with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Lovely dinner while watching Project Runway. At first I thought it was a mirage seeing Tim Gunn on Project Runway in a plaid sports coat and khaki pants. Has his job as the chief creative officer for Liz Claiborne softened Tim's style? Can a hipper version of Tim still "make it happen?" Stay tuned.

Today I'm creating the second portion of the patio before checking the mailbox and hoping to find a couple of packages of vintage fabrics. If so, then I'm heading to the fabric store for lining before pulling out the little sewing machine that could. Forget the Indian Market that's around The Plaza this weekend. I'm envisioning a fun sewing weekend ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment