Thursday, August 16, 2012

August 16, 2012

I'm going to take advantage of some free
flagstone and leftover tile to take this walkway
over to the fence. 
I forgot to mention that while driving back to Santa Fe from ABQ on Tuesday – with the speed control set at 75 mph – a Smart car passed me. What? The first time I saw those little cars was when Mr. B and I were in Paris. We both commented how great it would be to have those little cars in the U.S. to drive around town. They reminded us somewhat of Fred Flintstone's car. Remember how he started his car by running and yelling yabba dabba doo? Well, the driver of the Smart car on I-25 must have been running really fast to pass me. Now you see Smart cars all the time in town, but I don't remember ever seeing one on the highway. Especially one that was going 80 mph.

When I went to bed last night, Top Chef Masters was on. The contestants were cooking in the Grand Canyon for Native Americans. A long table was set and the chefs served their delicious-looking dishes family style. Needless to say, the view was fabulous and I can only imagine how great the food tasted! I went to sleep just after the show ended with food on the brain. Then, Jamie Oliver was on the Today Show this morning cooking crab cakes, which I adore! Now The Chew is on and Michael Symon is making an heirloom tomato and ricotta tart. YUM! All this to say that I'll be in the kitchen later today cooking something fabulous for dinner.

Today I'm creating an addition to the flagstone walk that leads to the front door of the casita. I've wanted to turn the walkway into more of a seating area. Since I have access to FREE flagstone, I'm going to make a front patio happen before I leave here this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment